Friday, January 27, 2012

Chocolate Lovers Unite!

Did you know that today is national Chocolate Cake day?  What a great day, yes?!?   In honor of the day I have baked an amazing quadruple chocolate cake.  It is very yummy and can be "de fattened" with easy substitutes.   Doesn't it look just yummy...




Recipe:

1 box devil foods cake mix
1 pk Chocolate instant pudding
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix everything together except chocolate chips.  Don't over mix but make sure it isn't lumpy.  Stir in the chocolate chips.   Spray a bunt pan with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for approx. 50 min.  Let cool and flip out onto a plate.  You can sprinkle with powder sugar or you can drizzle with chocolate glaze.  I used Amazing glaze by Duncan Hines ( I believe that is who makes it).    To de fatten it I use sugar free pudding,  egg beaters,  I replace the oil with apple sauce and use fat free sour cream.  I won't lie and say it is JUST as good, but it is a decent alternative.

Let me know if you try it!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment