Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Yearly Event

I am very blessed to be a part of a big family.  My Grandma had 5 children and from them came spouses, children and grandchildren,  now totaling 37 (I'm sure I have unintentionally left someone out).  Out of. that 37,  I am expecting approx. 30 of them at my home tomorrow evening.  This is the first time I have ever hosted the " Wyatt family Christmas Eve Party".   This party has been a tradition in our family for as long as I can remember.    Growing up the Christmas Eve party was more anticipated than Christmas Morning.  Getting to play with all my cousins,  and all the amazing treats my grandma and aunts made.  My uncle Bill playing the guitar and everyone singing Christmas songs.  Christmas Eve parties is one of my fondest childhood memories.  Over the years things changed,  my uncle does not play the guitar or sing anymore, which is a big loss to me as I always wanted my children to be a part of that.  My grandmother who was the anchor of the family has passed on and MISSED GREATLY,  we no longer do a gift exchange as the size of the family has grown so much that it would be an overwhelming event! :-)   Hair styles and fashion sported at these parties have also changed, I am going to have to dig out some of the pics from the 70's and 80's some GREAT styles!! LOL  But what has remained the same is the over abundance of yummy goodies (I shudder at thought of the calorie count) the fun and enjoying seeing everyone,  many of who I only get to see once or twice a year, some a few years go without seeing them.   

No matter what Religion and what  Holiday you celebrate I hope that it is filled with Love and Joy and many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment